Singapore, 14 November 2018… The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) today awarded 12 FinTech companies a total of S$1.2 million at the FinTech Awards, which took place at the third Singapore FinTech Festival.
This year’s winning solutions have a greater ASEAN representation and focus on financial inclusion, spanning multiple business areas, such as credit-scoring, mobile security, anti-money laundering and digital investment. The 12 awardees are:
ASEAN OPEN AWARD:
- 1st place – LenddoEFL (Philippines) Prize S$ 150,000.
- 2nd place – SQREEM Technologies (Singapore) Prize S$ 100,000.
- 3rd place – Finantix Asia Pacific (Singapore) Prize S$ 50,000
ASEAN SME AWARD:
- 1st place – FinAccel Teknologi (Indonesia) Prize: S$ 150,000.
- 2nd place – Katipult (Thailand) Prize: S$ 100,000.
- 3rd place – MoneMatch Transfer (Malaysia) S$ 50,000.
SINGAPORE FOUNDER AWARD:
- 1st place – CCRManager Prize S$ 150,000.
- 2nd place – Cynopsis Solutions Prize S$ 100,000.
- 3rd place – Thin Margin Prize S$ 50,000.
- 1st place – Everspin (South Korea) Prize S$ 150,000.
- 2nd place – Naffa Innovations (India) Prize S$ 100,000.
- 3rd place – Keychain (Japan) Prize S$ 50,000.
The FinTech Awards, supported by PwC, recognises innovative FinTech solutions that have been implemented by FinTech companies, financial institutions and technology companies.
This year, 40 finalists were shortlisted from more than 280 global submissions including the companies who participated in the ASEAN PitchFest6. The winners were selected by a panel of 17 judges who represent a cross-section of international and local experts from the private and public sectors. The entries were evaluated based on four criteria: impact, practicality, interoperability, and uniqueness and creativity. (Please refer to Annex B for the list of judges.)
Mr Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, MAS, said, “We are delighted to see more talent in the region coming through the new ASEAN PitchFest and to observe how the winners are applying FinTech solutions to a wide range of business areas. We are thankful for the strong support from partners like PwC and industry experts who worked closely with us to identify and recognise the growing pool of FinTech talent.”
Mrs Ong-Ang Ai Boon, Director, ABS added, “ABS congratulates all the winners and finalists of the 2018 FinTech Awards. We are proud to recognise and honour the best and most sophisticated innovators arising from a good cross-section of the growing FinTech community at the Singapore FinTech Festival 2018. This is yet another feather in the cap for the third edition of the Festival in harnessing the power of the talented FinTech game changers.”
The awards were presented to the winners during the Singapore FinTech Festival by Mr Ravi Menon, Managing Director, MAS, Mr Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, MAS, Mr Calvin Choi, Chairman of the Board of Directors and President, AMTD Group, and Mr Piyush Gupta, Chief Executive Officer, DBS.
179total visits,2visits today