Hey there, thank you for subscribing recently! It makes me more excited to blog about things I enjoy to share online. One of the most common questions I received on my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) is how to leverage your blog? Well, to be really honest, I’m not a business consultant to give you the best strategies but based on my experience I learned a few tricks, strategies and yeah, I also earned a few $$$.
If you’re someone who enjoys the comfort of your desk from 9-5, you’re most welcome to skip this article but if you’re someone who is interested to go beyond your capacity, this maybe your calling. 😊
I know what’s stopping you from making extra income online. You are worried about many things:
- “What if I look stupid online?”
- “What if my family and friends will laugh at me?”
- “What if I get started and fail?”
- “What if I look shit on camera?”
Instead of thinking about the things that might go wrong, I think you should ask yourself:
- “What if I look great online?”
- “What if I can leverage my blog and I can support my family?”
- “What if I learn more and innovate along the way?”
- “What if I find my niche market that suitable for my image?”
I got ya! You have anxieties and insecurities, and you feel as if you will never be good enough to blog. The truth is, blogging isn’t about to showcase the “coolest stuff”. It is a platform to share your passion, to express your opinions and to possibly influence people. If you will look negatively in blogging, then you will really never find the value of it.
I used to be so socially awkward that when I talked to people, I regret what I said. I do not have funny humor that will make me likable in a social group. Like seriously, a few years back I’m that chick who wrote about video games and I evaluated the strategy on how to win in the game. I am never someone chill, hot looking bae or a supermodel like the angels of Victoria’s Secrets. Just like any ordinary women, I do things behind a laptop. I’m not the leading start type of chick. Let me just say, I can be the Best Supporting Actress/Bestie of the leading star. Ha ha!
But does it stop me from moving forward? Of course, not! It’s my inner confidence that convinced me that maybe I can make money online by using the right platform.
So, now it’s my responsibility to share with you a few things I learned.
Firstfind your niche: if you are just starting in business, honey you can’t do everything and compete with everyone. And please don’t try to talk trash about big brands to make noise for attention. Instead find your niche that will define you, your life story and what you do and sell.
- Select the right platform: just because most YouTubers started their channel in 2011 and they became successful doesn’t mean it’s too late for you to start! We all a newbie at some point, so don’t worry. Find the right platform to express yourself. For example, if you like to talk but you are shy on camera, you can use
podcastto upload your audios. If you’re not confident to talk but you can write good article, then start a blog. If you hate both talking and writing but you believe you look great on social media, then maybe try Instagram or any platform that suits you best. Whatever is your choice, find the right platform to express yourself.
- Build a life around your passion: New people in my life may think I am all about money. This isn’t true because I don’t do things for money alone, I do things because I’m passionate about it. My dad told me after I finished college, I should look for a job that will pay the bill. It is good enough, he said. However, me being extra I always wanted to do something I love, something to inspire others and do something different from my sisters. In short, I wanted to live out my dreams but just like any fresh college grads I was stuck, I hate my job, and I feel I will never grow.
Until I got brutally honest to myself that I had to make a choice or else I will be stuck forever and it always be my excuse not to be happy.
Doing what I love (startup) makes me feel smart, different, useful, worthy and happy. I’m so thankful that I dare to make big changes in my life. But you should too! I mean, if you’re working from 9-5 that worth $300K a year and you’re happy enough doing what you do, then there is no need to change. But if you want something more, bigger, crazier and fulfilling then build a life around your passion.
4. Never let your curiosity die: People who don’t really know me may be wondering why the heck I keep studying new academic courses every damn year. It’s because every time I feel stuck in my life or feel stupid, I do not assume that I know things or Google has all the answers. Instead, I’ve chosen to invest in myself – whether that means studying a long-term course at grad school, online courses, reading massive books, attending training or hiring a coach to teach me.
It’s funny that people who are not my friends assumed that it’s my husband who does all my work. It’s probably because they speak about themselves.
I know that J is always the smartest and that’s why, after all I married him! Ha! 😊 But it doesn’t mean that I let a man do everything for me. My parents raised me to be independent and by means they kicked me out early at home to find my way out to succeed in life.
To level up in your life doesn’t mean you just want to brag to people that you know what’s up. It
5. Let the haters hate, let people wonder, let people leave you while in the process of achieving your goals while you DOMINATE.
When I start up a company I didn’t really have a lot of support from family and friends. Some people even called me “siao” (crazy) for leaving the law firm. They believe I can be successful if I become one of the top corporate lawyers. When I was in law school, I was one of the competitive students; I did my homework, I attended the class regularly, I joined in competitions, and I behaved how a good law student should be but I wasn’t really happy. I was looking for something else.
During the process of building my startup, people wonder and some people left me. I let them be because I know one day they will all have regrets.
What’s the bottom line of this drama? LOL Negative people will destroy your life and you must avoid them at all costs. If you have a non-supportive family member, I advise you to disconnect with them. If you’re in a toxic relationship, please walk away! If you’re in a circle of friends that will always pull you down, change your friends! Life is short and the world is big for better adventure, quality of life and creating happiness.
While you’re being hated, ignored or people are sabotaging you…STAND UP and continue to develop yourself. Never stop learning so you can dominate your niche market.
Here’s what I do online and when I’m travelling.
Here’s me at the parents’ boat in the states. I enjoyed chilling’ here by the lake because it is quite and I had a lot of time to reflect. My favourite is the lake vibe.
Here’s my boo boo. We had fun travelling together and it was lit.
Disclaimer: I do not know how to drive a boat. Maybe someday I will learn.
The laptop I use to do all my work. It’s a massive HP laptop and it’s heavy to carry but I since I like big screen, so I am chill about it.
You know what’s my favourite during vacation? I like to take a long nap. LOL Then wake up after an hour, have snacks and do my work online again.
I’m wearing our liquid matte lipstick and highlighter that you can purchase on our online store: www.kgodfroycosmetics.com.
The chill spot of the boat where you can invite friends to share the drinks with you. It’s actually mum’s boat.
Back in the kitchen, I made a meal. It’s just potatoes, apple, mushroom and sausages. I mixed it with herbs, spices and BBQ sauce.
Dad is the king of BBQ. This tastes legit.
Thank you for reading my blog. I read all your messages on a weekly basis. Cheers! xx
2403total visits,117visits today