The Prime Minister delivered remarks at The Canada FinTech Forum, during the Singapore FinTech Festival.
The Canada FinTech Forum showcased Canadian companies with an opportunity to showcase their products and services as well as their technologies and innovations to a regional audience.
This is the first time that Canada has a pavilion at the Festival with attending representatives of some 20 Canadian companies from British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec.
This is the third edition of the Singapore FinTech Festival, organized by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). It is one of the largest of FinTech events and attracts more than 30,000 participants in various fields from over 100 countries. More than 5,000 companies were represented at the 2017 edition.
Canadian Companies participating at the Singapore FinTech Festival are as follows:
British Columbia companies
- GlobalWide Media connects advertisers with audiences through digital marketing and media solutions to brands and agencies worldwide. Products and services include analytics and measurement, brand safety, cross-device display advertising, e-mail marketing, network distribution and video advertising. GlobalWide Media Inc. was founded in 2006 and based in California. It has an office in Victoria, British Columbia. Mr. Farshad Fardad is GlobalWide Media’s Chief Executive Officer.
- iComply Investor Services offers a technological platform for digital finance and cryptocurrencies. It provides compliance automation solutions and offers record keeping, reporting and transaction monitoring services. iComply Investor Services was founded in 2017 by its Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Matthew Unger, and is based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Kashoo offers invoice and online accounting software to small businesses. Their accounting app was designed for small business owners, freelancers and independent entrepreneurs. The company has been in business for about 10 years. Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Kashoo is a small team of 20 people that serves subscribers in over 180 countries. Mr. Jim Secord is the company’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Reitium Blockchain Technologies offers a platform that allows users to browse global real estate investment opportunities. Reitium is a global, asset-backed, compliant and secure real estate investment token that allows users to legally busy and sell partial ownership from any device. Michael Moll is the Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of the Vancouver-based company.
- Voleo developed a social trading app for investment clubs. This investment management platform enables users in private investment clubs to share investments in publicly traded securities. Founded in 2013 in Vancouver, British Columbia, the company’s Chief Executive Officer is Thomas Beattie.
- Canadian Systems International is an information technology consulting company. It has been in business since November 1995 and is located in Toronto, Ontario.
- eSentire provides security solutions and helps protects companies against cyber attacks.
The company was founded in 2001. It is based in Cambridge, Ontario, with an additional headquarters in Cork, Ireland. eSentire’s Chief Executive Office is Mr. Kerry Bailey.
- Info-Tech Research Group is an information technology research and advisory company. It was founded in 1997 by Joel McLean, in London, Ontario, with a small group of employees. Today, the company has offices in London and Toronto, Ontario, as well as an office in Las Vegas, Nevada. Info-Tech Research Group has more than 500 employees and a membership of over 30,000 clients worldwide.
- Leonovus is a software company that provides secure data storage solutions. It uses blockchain technology that allows digital information to be distributed but not copied. The company was founded in 2010 and it is based in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Nanopay Corporation provides a digital global payment platform for retailers and customers. It powers multi-currency payment solutions with instantaneous settlement. The company was founded in 2012 and based in Toronto, Ontario. Nanopay Chief Executive Officer is Mr. Laurence Cook.
- NexJ Systems provides software for finance and insurance firms. The company was founded in 2001 and is based in Toronto, Ontario. It’s President and Chief Executive Officer is Paul O’Donnell.
- Orenda Solutions produces metrics and datasets that gives insights into a company a reputation. Founded in 2015, Orenda Solutions has offices in Toronto, Ontario and Membertou, Nova Scotia. Ms. Tanya Seajay is the founder and Chief Executive Officer.
- Shopify is an e-commerce company and the name of its proprietary e-commerce platform for online stores and retail point of sales systems. The company was founded in 2006. It has 3000 employees and is based in Ottawa, Ontario. Company Chief Executive Officer is Tobias Lütke, one of three co-founders.
- Solace manufactures and sells message-oriented middleware appliances and software that routes information between applications, devices and user interfaces. It was founded in 2001 by Craig Betts, today Chairman of the company. Lee Rechan is president and Chief Executive Officer. Solace is headquartered in Kanata, Ontario.
- Allset is a digital insurance advisor that offers tailored advice, convenience and budget-friendly products. Allset is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, but also has an office in Toronto, Ontario.
- Desjardins Group (Mouvement des caisses Desjardins is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada) Desjardins offers a variety of banking and insurance services. It has 7 million members and clients, over 45,500 employees and 275.1 billion in total assets. It was founded by Alphonse and Dorimène Desjardins in 1900, in Levis, Quebec. Its legal headquarters remain in Levis but most of the executive management, including Chief Executive Officer, Guy Cormier, is based in Montreal.
- Flinks is a software company and leader in financial data access in Canada. The company developed an application program interface (API) that covers many of Canada’s banks and credit unions. Sectors covered by their API include business, car and personal lending, payments, insurance, accounting, cryptocurrency and more. Flinks was founded in 2016 and is based in Montreal. Mr. Yves-Gabriel Leboeuf is the Chief Executive Officer of Flinks.
- Payment Rails is a cloud technology platform that enables businesses to send payments to individuals or companies around the world, in any currency, and to all major payment methods. The company was founded in 2015. It has offices in Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Ontario and London, in the United Kingdom.
- Squares Union is an online platform that allows users to transfer money safely and quickly. Squares Union was created by a group of students from the Hautes Études Commerciales (HEC) in Montreal.
- Timechain allows users to keep their cryptocurrency in a digital wallet. The Metawallet can store more than 1000 different cryptocurrencies, allowing users to create multiple same-chain wallets and categories to simply asset management. The Montreal-based blockchain development team was formed in 2018.
286total visits,2visits today